Table of Contents
Does Dodge have inertia switch?
Dodge Ram 1500 Fuel Pump Inertia Switch.
What are the symptoms of a bad inertia switch?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Engine suddenly stops while driving. One of the first symptoms of a potential issue with the fuel pump shut off switch is an engine that suddenly stalls while driving.
- Switch that trips for no reason.
- No start condition.
How do I reset my fuel shut off switch?
How do I reset my fuel cut-off switch?
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Ensure that there is no fuel leaking in the engine compartment, along any of the lines or at the tank.
- If no leakage and/or odor is apparent, reset the switch by pushing the reset button on the top of the switch.
Where is the fuel safety shut off switch?
Look for the fuel pump switch or inertia switch. This is a small box with a plastic button on top and an electrical connector at the bottom. On some vehicle models, this will be located in the luggage compartment. Look on a side panel for a small, round button which you can pry off with a small screwdriver.
How do I reset my inertia switch?
Press down the rubber reset button on the top of the inertia switch. 3. Turn the ignition switch to position ‘II’, pause for a few seconds, then return the key to position ‘0’.
How many fuel pumps does a 2006 Dodge Charger have?
The Dodge Charger actually has 2 fuel pumps.. There is a primary fuel pump module on the driver’s side of the vehicle and a secondary on the passenger side. The Charger fuel tank is a saddle-bag design meaning it has 2 separate compartments and requires 2 pumps to access the fuel.
What triggers an inertia switch?
The switch activates when a tiny ball runs up a ramp, which is triggered during the sharp deceleration during an accident. The ball makes an electrical contact at the top of the ramp, and the electrical current to the fuel pump is discontinued. It is a safety item found on every modern fuel-injected vehicle.
Should inertia switch be up or down?
The only time the inertia switch should trip is during a collision. With the inertia switch in the open position, the red button is raised up. It is not supplying power to the fuel pump in this position. When the reset button is pushed in (or down), then the inertia switch will let the voltage flow to the fuel pump.
How do I reset my inertia fuel pump?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
Where is the fuel pump inertia switch?
In the event of an accident, an inertia switch may trip, isolating fuel pump operation. Once the switch has tripped it must be reset before attempting to restart the engine. The inertia switch is located behind the trim on the left-hand side of the vehicle, forward of the front door post, below the fascia.
On some vehicle models, this will be located in the luggage compartment. Look on a side panel for a small, round button which you can pry off with a small screwdriver. Through this access hole you will be able to see the reset button on top of the inertia switch.