Table of Contents
- 1 What is the best method of decontamination emergency preparedness?
- 2 What command system is a widely used and accepted tool for command control and coordination of a response to a disaster?
- 3 Which nerve agent is the most persistent is very oily and will stay active in an area for several days?
- 4 What is the first step in decontamination?
- 5 What command system is a widely used and accepted?
- 6 What is the correct order to manage an emergency?
- 7 What does MOPP gear protect from?
- 8 What are the 5 levels of MOPP?
What is the best method of decontamination emergency preparedness?
Expect at least a 5:1 ratio of unaffected to affected casualties • Decontaminate victims as soon as possible • Disrobing is decontamination; head to toe, more removal is better • Water flushing generally is the best mass decontamination method • After a known exposure to liquid chemical agent, emergency responders …
What command system is a widely used and accepted tool for command control and coordination of a response to a disaster?
The Incident Command System (ICS) is a systematic tool used for the command, control, and coordination of an emergency response.
Which nerve agent is the most persistent is very oily and will stay active in an area for several days?
VX is the least volatile of the nerve agents, which means that it is the slowest to evaporate from a liquid into a vapor. Therefore, VX is persistent in the environment.
What MOPP level provides the greatest level of protection?
Mission-Oriented Protective Posture (MOPP) Originally, there were five MOPP levels, ranging from MOPP 0 to MOPP 4, the highest level of protection in which all gear must be worn.
What is the best method of decontamination CBRN?
The best universal liquid decontamination agent for chemical warfare agents (CWAs) is 0.5% hypochlorite solution. It is prepared easily by diluting household bleach to one-tenth strength (ie, 9 parts water or saline to 1 part bleach).
What is the first step in decontamination?
The first stage of decontamination is cleaning – or in other words, the physical removal of dirt, dust and soil from surfaces. In most healthcare environments this process will be performed daily and will usually involve a combination of water, detergent, cloths and mops. Cleaning may be either manual or automated.
What command system is a widely used and accepted?
The most widely-utilized incident command and control system is the Incident Command System, or ICS as it is most commonly referred.
What is the correct order to manage an emergency?
Prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery are the five steps of Emergency Management.
Which of the following chemicals is a nerve agent?
The main nerve agents are the chemicals sarin (GB), soman (GD), tabun (GA) and VX. These agents are man-made and have been manufactured for use in chemical warfare. These agents are known to be present in military stockpiles of several nations, including the United States.
When comparing G agents and VX agents which agent is more toxic and by how much?
Though liquid at normal temperatures, VX has the consistency of motor oil, and seldom presents a vapor hazard, unless exploded or subjected to high temperature. VX is much more toxic (100 to 150 times) than sarin when on the skin because sarin evaporates from the skin surface while VX does not.
What does MOPP gear protect from?
1. MISSION-ORIENTED PROTECTIVE POSTURE (MOPP) Definition: MOPP is a flexible system of protection against chemical agents, which is used to facilitate mission accomplishment. Because of body heat buildup and basic human needs, the over garment ca not be worn forever.
What are the 5 levels of MOPP?
There are five MOPP levels: MOPP 0, MOPP 1, MOPP 2, MOPP 3 and MOPP 4. The levels, much like attack signal warnings, increase and decrease personal protection against chemical biological radiological nuclear and explosive threats.